Report An Incident
If you think your computer has been compromised and you have restricted data such as Social Security Numbers or Personal Health Information, report it immediately.
- If it is still in your possession, remove the computing system from the campus network.
- Do not turn the system off / shut it down.
- Do not run anti-virus, anti-spyware, or other "cleaning" tools.
- Campus: Contact the OIT Help Desk at (949) 824-2222 to report that a potential data breach has occurred and request immediate notification of the OIT Security Team and the Security Breach Lead Campus Authorities. Send detailed information to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- UCI Health: If you think there has been a HIPAA violation, please use the confidential line to report it to UC Irvine's Health Privacy Officer at 1-888-456-7006 or contact the UCI Health Service Desk at 714-456-3333 and request the Data Security team.
- File a report with the UC Irvine Police Department.
- If you a university employee, report it to your supervisor or school administration.
- If you have university restricted data, immediately follow the data breach process above.
If you think your UCInetID password has been stolen or your account has been inappropriately accessed:
- Immediately reset your password.
- Notify the OIT Security Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the UCI Health Service Desk at 714-456-3333 and request the Data Security team.
- If you are a University employee, also notify your supervisor.
- If appropriate, file a report with the UC Irvine Police Department.
To report spamming or other abuse from a UC Irvine system, please send an email to email@example.com.