How To Set Screen Saver Passwords
When you are away from your computer, lock the screen or set a screen saver or lock screen password. This will prevent someone from using your computer when you are away from your desk.
- Windows 7 Change Password: How to Change Windows 7 Password
- Windows 7 Configure Screensaver: How to Configure Windows 7 Screensaver
- Windows 8 Change Password: How to Change Windows 8 Password
- Windows 8 Configure Screensaver: How to Configure Windows 8 Screensaver
- Windows 10 Change Password: How to Change Windows 10 Password
- Windows 10 Configure Screensaver: How to Configure Windows 10 Screensaver
- Go to the KDE Control Center.
- Choose Appearance and Themes.
- Select Screen Saver.
- Check the Start Screen Saver Automatically box.
- Check the Require Password to Stop Screen Saver box.
- Click the Apply button.
- Select Desktop Preferences from the Applications menu on the top left side of the desktop screen.
- Select Screen Savers.
- Select the Display Modes tab.
- Check the box for Lock Screen After and set the time to 15 minutes. This will lock the screen after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Close the panel to have the changes take effect.